My Work History
Provide marketing and design services for small businesses.
2012-Current - Calgary, AB
Farm Credit Canada
Brand Management Division
2009-2012 - Regina, SK
- Developed the business case and earned approval from the executive team.
- Worked closely with the Project Management Office to develop the project plan.
- Strategized with multiple teams on effectively reaching industry and public audiences.
- Proposed different strategies and budget options.
- Streamlined communication between FCC departments and other stakeholder groups.
- Prepared and presented project information to large groups, including executive members.
- Organized and led project planning and status update meetings.
- Led the development of the initiative's website and social media presence.
- Proposed a framework for social media content creation, approval, and delivery.
- Worked closely with the creative team and collaborated with an external marketing agency.
- Participated in the development of internal communications and media relations strategies.
- Ensured the project was aligned with the reputation and strategic direction of FCC.
- Planned and managed market research activities.
- Participated in the interviewing and hiring of team members.
Brand Business Partner
Responsible for managing FCC’s advertising activities and supporting other corporate marketing initiatives.
- Managed FCC’s national advertising campaign annually (print and online).
- Developed advertising strategies for various business units.
- Planned and executed advertising campaigns, including media buys.
- Managed FCC’s global advertising calendar to ensure a balanced industry presence.
- Delivered a presentation to FCC’s marketing division on online advertising fundamentals.
- Mentored and supported other team members.
- Developed marketing strategies for FCC’s retail merchandise store and an internal online ordering system for branded promotional materials.
- Participated in community investment and support activities.
Northern British Columbia
Office of Communications
2002-2008 - Prince George, BC
Responsible for raising the profile of UNBC and communicating its brand regionally, nationally, and internationally. Played an integral role in improving the quality and effectiveness of UNBC’s marketing strategy, contributing to a 19% increase in registered students from 2002 to 2008. Click here to view work samples.
- Planned, designed, and managed marketing and design projects.
- Played a key creative role in internal and external communications projects.
- Marketed to prospective students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors, media, government, aboriginal groups, and the general public.
- Provided marketing and creative support for major strategic initiatives, including new academic programs and the construction of new campus buildings.
- Produced and analyzed market research.
- Modernized and streamlined UNBC’s visual identity and graphic standards.
- Designed the UNBC homepage and website template.
- Photographed students, faculty, campuses, and the environment.
- Wrote and edited content for web and print.
- Actively participated on student recruitment and marketing committees.
- Worked closely with and supported faculty, staff, and all levels of UNBC’s executive.
- Collaborated with advertising agencies, printers, and other service providers.
- Participated on staff hiring committees.
- Ensured UNBC’s brand was consistently communicated throughout all university communications.
Won four major awards from the Canadian Council for the Advancement of Education (Prix D'Excellence):
- Gold: Best Newsletter (2007)
- Silver: Best Institutional Homepage (2008)
- Silver: Best Program: Individual School or Small Shop (2007)
- Silver: Best Program or Department Website (2007)
Northern British Columbia
Department of Continuing Studies
2004-2009 - Prince George, BC
Taught an introductory course in Adobe InDesign. Designed the curriculum and delivered the course annually for four years. Required leadership and strong interpersonal skills. Consistently received positive course evaluations from students.
Renaissance i Media
2000-2002 - Tokyo, Japan
Provided creative direction and designed websites for Japanese and multinational clients. Assessed client needs and presented concepts and final work. Adapted to the Japanese business culture.
RLG net Performance
1999-2000 - Vancouver, BC
Designed user interfaces for online performance measurement applications. Trained junior web designers and HTML programmers. Provided creative direction to technical development teams.
1998-1999 - Vancouver, BC
Web Designer & Lead HTML Programmer
Designed websites for medium and large organizations. Developed HTML templates for complex websites and provided direction to production programmers.